Saturday, November 14, 2015

Day 5 - Game day




Good evening all!
Disclaimer, I'm still working in mastering the photo add, therefore "not in any particular order."
In Omaha for a mini staycation. Slept in and headed to the Old Market for people watching, window shopping and brunch.
I wear a Garmin vivosmart and so my new goal is to get my steps in before 5pm, walking the Old Market is a perfect place to get a good start. 
We started breakfast at Wheatfields.
Polish Kielbasa and eggs, brûlée potatoes and ciabatta toast with bumbleberry jam.
It was a weekend remembering my Grandmother so it was the perfect dish. What's more local and Nebraska than that?
Using my portion plate and glass was fantastic and my orange blossom mimosa tasted extra sweet drinking from my new favorite glass :-)
I split the eggs and potatoes with my wife and still had leftovers, I added before and after pics. 
I'm laughing at myself a little. We aren't a family that eats out much and just due to timing it seems like that's all we are doing.
Dinner at Granite City and again, before and after I successfully only ate until my body was full.
Normally I clear my plate, it was the way I was raised, never to waste food. I'm reminding myself that it is fuel, flooding the tank won't make it go faster, only make it stall. 
Shrimp tacos with black bean salsa and a glass of Pinot noir.



No comments:

Post a Comment