Monday, November 30, 2015

Day 18: November 28

Thanksgiving Round 2!
Today I traveled back to my hometown to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. The main course included baked turkey, ham, buns, stuffing, mashed potatoes, homemade gravy (with bacon & onions), and green bean casserole. For dessert...white wine and homemade apple pie! 

I could tell right away that plate size mattered -- everyone's plate was so much bigger than my 9-inch plate! However, I felt stuffed with the portions I had. Being someone who feels the need to clean their plate, I can't imagine how much more food I would have felt compelled to serve myself simply because if I had room on my plate.

I feel like the theme for portion plates really hit me during this holiday. Using these dishware has brought to my attention the importance of prioritizing and proportioning what I put into my body.



No comments:

Post a Comment