Saturday, November 14, 2015

Day 5: November 14

Lunch out with friends at Spaghetti Works. It was 99% a failure. I packed the dishes, excited to use them in a restaurant for the first time, and got them there. I forgot to use them at the salad bar, but when I got back to the table I put it into the large bowl. They had arrived early and the kids were hungry so had just about finished when I arrived. Because of this I tried to eat quickly, forgetting to even transfer the lasagna. All of this rush ended with me eating fast and eating MUCH more than I needed. I should have cut it in half and served myself that, but I ate mindlessly without my dishes because I was in a hurry. Sigh. I need to slow everything down. Today was just an exhausting whirlwind trying to do too much. Sometimes less is more - in food and in life. BUT . . . it was fun to have company!
I traveled with the plates wrapped in brown paper and a plastic bag. It felt dangerous and make them not feel as important as they are. I didn't wash the large bowl I used for salad at the restaurant so I put a napkin in it, then wrapped it. When I got home it was all stuck to it and gross . . . I need to figure out a good way to travel with them.
Dinner - yogurt, granola, and raspberries. I was so full from lunch that I didn't eat a real dinner. I came home exhausted and lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment