Sunday, November 15, 2015

Day 6 - Sunday

Today was a great day! I'm utilizing this project to make transformational changes in my life. Gym, food choices, budgeting, I'm working on making positive changes in all of these areas. I'm also thankful that I have the support of my amazing wife and family as well.
Tonight I made chicken in honey beer sauce and steamed broccoli with a glass of Pinot Noir. It was a quick and simple dinner and delicious.
Our honey is locally sourced fresh from a friend so it just seems to taste better :-)

Recipe:
- mix 1 T honey, 2 T low sodium soy sauce, 1/2 cup beer, 1 T mustard of your choice in a bowl and set aside
- use 1 lb chicken breasts or tenders -season lightly with salt and pepper and brown in 2 T of olive oil.
- Once it's done, set it off to the side
- Using the same pan add 2 T of thinly chopped shallots, sautée until translucent.
- add the honey beer sauce you set aside
- simmer for 3-4 minutes to reduce
- add chicken back in for 5 minutes
- serve while hot with veggies, rice or pasta of your choice

Delicious! And I have leftovers for my lunch tomorrow😊




No comments:

Post a Comment